Report to Us
If a significant event occurs or a claim is made against your
facility, our expertise allows us to clearly distinguish ourselves
by remaining closely involved from the beginning through
resolution. We deliver experience and skill in managing long term
care claims. You may rely on us as a partner who understands and
aggressively supports your objectives and goals. Our claims
management professionals will demonstrate to you the value of your
participation in our insurance program throughout what can be a
difficult claim management process. It is our "industry specific
knowledge" that sets us apart in the complex and challenging
environment of Senior LIving claims. Key Items to
Consider and Helpful Hints: Call
1-800-239-1327 or 205-414-2698to
Report a Claim, Significant Incident, or Medical Record
- The best opportunity to affect the outcome of an incident is
within the first hours or days after the event occurs. Contact
us to help you manage the circumstances.
- Claims can be made because of poor or lack of meaningful
communication; a perceived indifferent attitude, a failure to
listen, or a failure to follow-up with staff, sponsors, or family.
Promote proactive and effective communication.
- When someone makes an inquiry, complaint or grievance regarding
services, be courteous, listen carefully, observe closely,
convey empathy, don't admit fault, or speculate as to the cause.
Instead, promptly report to the appropriate person to
investigate, determine what happened, in order to resolve the
- Think Customer Service…The actions you take after a customer
interaction may prevent litigation or cause litigation!
- Do not release any documents requested on a resident before
contacting us and in compliance with applicable HIPAA.
Remember: CALL US IMMEDIATELY at
1-800-239-1327 or 205-414-2698if
- Any lawsuit or verbal or written letter of intent to sue the
facility for any alleged breach of care
- Received an actual copy of the summons and complaint
- Threats of litigation that relate to the providing of resident
care or the failure to provide resident care and which the facility
or corporate management have determined that further investigation
is needed to evaluate the potential for a claim
- Call us at any time for Incident Management